- Domestic Assistance – general cleaning, laundry, unaccompanied grocery shopping, meal preparation
- Social Support – local shopping and appointments
- Personal Care – bathing, dressing, grooming etc
- In-home respite – giving your carers some time out
- Social Support Group (Respite Centre based at Ravenshoe – click here)
- Meals – where services are available (Meals on Wheels or contracted with local food outlets)
- Lawn Mowing
To access our services you must first be registered with one of our funding bodies or another provider who can broker (sub-contract) services to us.
- Over 65, or an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander person aged 50 or over – visit My Aged Care or phone 1800 200 422
- Under 65 – visit Queensland Community Support Scheme – “You may be eligible for the QCSS if you are under 65 years old (or under 50 years old for Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander people) with:
- a disability (and are not eligible for the National Disability Insurance Scheme)
- chronic illness, mental health or other condition, or
- circumstances that impact your ability to live independently in the community.”
- DVA Veterans Home Care Services
- Or you have an NDIS Plan manager
We endeavour to provide services and accept referrals for clients in the following areas:
Julatten, Mt Molloy, Mt Carbine
Malanda, Millaa Millaa, Tarzali
Ravenshoe, Innot Hot Springs, Mt Garnet
Etheridge & Croydon Shires
Every attempt is made to cover demand, however at times we may not be able to meet requests in some locations. If you know someone in your community who you think may be a good home care support worker please ask them to contact us.
FEES: The government advises us to request a small fee from clients as a co-contribution. This is currently set at $7.50 per hour and is invoiced every 4 weeks. You can advise us if you are in financial hardship and a minimum charge will apply or we will talk with you about your fees. This does not apply to NDIS or sub-contracted clients.
CONTACT RURAL & REMOTE HOME CARE:
Our office hours are 8.30am to 4pm Monday to Thursday. Tel: 07 4097 7242 Fax: 07 4097 7423
Email: click here Address: 3 Bolton St (PO Box 961) Ravenshoe Qld 4888
Rural and Remote Home Care Services is a program auspiced by the Ravenshoe Community Centre and funded by the Australian Government Department of Health, Department of Veterans Affairs and the Queensland Department of Communities, Disability Services and Seniors.