The program provides support services to respond to the emergent needs of the local community placing priorities on vulnerable individuals, families and populations. Services include a mix of quality programs and activities that build skills, provide knowledge, promote personal and social development, promote physical well being, and create and sustain local networks. The program also builds and maintains networks with other service providers in the region to support ongoing service delivery, sustain referral pathways for clients and leverage opportunities for collaboration with the broader social service system.
The geographic area for the program is the Southern Tablelands – which includes, but is not limited to, Ravenshoe, Mt Garnet, Millaa Millaa, Innot Hot Springs and Silver Valley.
The focus of the Community Support Services Program is to:
- Provide access for vulnerable individuals, families and populations
- Support access to more targeted services for vulnerable children, young people and families
- Provide integrated and coordinated responses as part of the local service system
- Provide a mixed balance of program, services and activities including information, advice and referral
- Coordinate and support volunteers to deliver services such as information, advice and referral