Ravenshoe Community Centre Inc
(RCC is managed by a Collective of members and elected Office Bearers)
Social Support Group Facilitator – Rural and Remote Home Care Service
Rural and Remote Home Care Service is a Home Support Program funded by the Commonwealth Department of Health and the State Department of Communities, Disability Services and Seniors.
We aim to maintain and promote independence and quality of life for the frail aged, younger people with disabilities and carers, by providing a flexible variety of services to meet each person’s unique set of circumstances.
We are seeking a suitably qualified and/or experienced person to fill the position of Social Support Group Facilitator with this program. The position requires a person with a high degree of judgement, commitment and initiative to develop and deliver program activities designed to support the ongoing independence and social connection of the frail aged and disabled within our community.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• To facilitate and be directly involved in the day to day operations of the Social Support Group Program.
• Ensure the program is appropriately managed and services are delivered in accordance with the annual budget and current operating guidelines of the Commonwealth Home Support Program.
• Participate in program reviews and development to assist the RnR Program Manager to maintain client services, respond to hitherto unmet needs within the community and provide a quality service to clients of the Program.
• To be an active and participatory member of the Rural & Remote Home Care Service and Ravenshoe Community Centre Inc team committed to innovative program design and delivery.
• To undertake an advocacy role on behalf of clients, carers, workers and volunteers when required and assist in the ongoing assessment of client needs.
• To ensure compliance with and adherence to all legislation and regulations relevant to the Program’s operations, including the Aged Care Act 1997.
• To supervise, manage and support the program’s staff and volunteers.
• To maintain records and reports as required by legislation, regulations and this Organisation’s policies and procedures.
The position is permanent part time at 42 hours per fortnight (Tuesday and Thursday – 8 hours of client contact and Wednesday – 5 hours of non-contact for administration duties).
SCHADS Industry Awards Level 3.1.
Essential Qualifications and/or Experience:
• Certificate III Individual Support (minimum requirement) and demonstrated industry experience as per the level classifications in SCHADS Award 2010
• Previous industry experience managing a similar Aged Care Program
• Experience in managing staff and volunteers
• Knowledge of current Aged Care environment
• Current First Aid Certificate and National Police Check
• Must hold a current LR Driver’s License and Driver’s Authorisation or be able to obtain same within one (1) month of commencement of duties
• Food Safety Certificate III (online) within 1 (one) month of commencement of duties – meal preparation is involved
• Computer skills an advantage, in particular Microsoft Office 365.
Applicants should describe how their qualifications, experiences and abilities would enable them to fulfil their duties and specific responsibilities. A detailed list of position functions and responsibilities is included in the application package.
Applicants who address the selection criteria in the application package may be contacted for an interview.
Applicants who do not address the selection criteria will not be contacted further.
Closing date for applications: 4pm Monday 3rd August, 2020.
Applications received after this will not be considered.
Please email – Manager@ravcom.org.au for an application package or call 40977 242 (9am-4pm Monday to Thursday) for a package to be mailed. Alternatively call into Rural and Remote Home Care Service @ 3 Bolton Street to pick up an application pack.