**This warning is no longer current. For the latest updates visit www.qfes.qld.gov.au/Current-Incidents.**
MEDIA BROADCASTING IN THE WARNING AREA SHOULD USE THE STANDARD EMERGENCY WARNING SIGNAL (SEWS) WITH THIS MESSAGE.
LEAVE IMMEDIATELY – Innot Hot Springs – Multiple Warnings – fire as at 1:22pm Thursday, 2 November 2023
Warning level: EMERGENCY WARNING
Warning area: properites on Herbert River Road, Brodie Road, Rienecker Road and Petersen Road
*** There are multiple warnings for this area. To see all current warnings, visit the QFES Current Bushfires and Warnings website ***
A large, potentially deadly fire is burning near Woodleigh Road. It is expected to impact Herbert River Road and Brodie Road within the coming hours.
LEAVE IMMEDIATELY. Your life could be at risk. It will soon be too dangerous to drive.
If your life is in danger, call Triple Zero (000) immediately.
Firefighting aircraft are helping ground crews.
What you should do:
– LEAVE IMMEDIATELY and follow your bushfire survival plan now.
– Go to a place away from the Emergency Warning area. Plan how you will get there. Tell others where you are going.
– Avoid driving on Kennedy Highway at Innot Hot Springs.
– Check for road closures before you leave at the QLD Traffic websiteor call 13 19 40.
– If you do not have a safe place to go to, there is an evacuation centre at Ravenshoe Community Hall, 3 Bolton Street, Ravenshoe.
– Wear protective clothing and stay hydrated.
– Keep medications close by.
– Stay informed:
– Keep checking the QFES Current Bushfires and Warnings website
– Follow QFES on Facebook and Twitter
– Listen to your local radio station
– Do not fly drones around the fire. Drones affect air operations.
– Conditions could get worse quickly and properties may be impacted.
– Firefighters may not be able to stop the fire from getting closer. Do not expect a firefighter at your door.
– Power, water, and mobile phone services may stop working soon.
– Smoke will make it hard to see and breathe. The smoke will sting your eyes.
– It will be hot and loud. You may hear explosions nearby.
– The sky will be dark.
– You could be isolated.
If you can’t leave safely:
– Turn garden sprinklers on to soak the ground.
– Bring doormats and outdoor furniture inside or away from the house.
– Block downpipes at the top and fill gutters with water if you can.
– Find a safe place to shelter, preferably inside a brick building.
– Close windows, doors and vents.
– Seal gaps under doors and windows with wet towels.
– Fill containers with water for drinking and firefighting.
– Bring pets inside. Give them water to drink. Keep them safe.
– For all warnings, visit the https://www.qfes.qld.gov.au/Current-Incidents.
– For road closures, visit the https://qldtraffic.qld.gov.au or call 13 19 40.
– If you stay, find out how to be safe at the https://www.qfes.qld.gov.au/prepare/bushfire/will-you-stay under Prepare – Bushfire – Know your risks – Will you stay.
Next update by 3:22pm or sooner if the situation changes.
This warning is from Queensland Fire and Emergency Services.