WE BELIEVE IN CHANGE
VOLUNTEERING WITH RCC
Benefits for Volunteers
Volunteering is about making a difference in your community.
Volunteering benefits you personally as it offers the chance to:
- Act on your values, passions and interests
- Make new friendships and create professional networks
- Gain work experience and learn new skills
- Enjoy new social and cultural experiences
- Develop personally and build confidence
- Enjoy better physical and mental health as studies show volunteering makes us healthier and happier
- Challenge yourself in a supportive environment
- Feel warm and fuzzy about helping your community
- Have fun
- 3 Bolton Street, Ravenshoe, Qld, 4888
- Phone (07) 40976 276
- Email [email protected]
Volunteering is about making a difference in your community
Ravenshoe Community Centre is a registered Centrelink host organisation for volunteers.
If you are interested please contact the Community Centre on 4097 6726 or email [email protected]
The centre is looking for volunteers in the following areas:
- Needs 3 volunteers for 2 days (Tuesday and Thursday) a week to help run programs and care for clients.
- Reception from 9am to 2pm. Duties include: welcoming clients and referring to appropriate area, answering the phone, maintaining Emergency Relief supplies, recording statistics, other tasks as required.
- This is a volunteer position that would suit an outgoing person that enjoys communicating with a range of people. A high degree of empathy is desirable. Basic computer skills are essential.
3 Bolton Street,
Ravenshoe, QLD, 4888